I’m Shiloh Frederick, a local news journalist-turned-blogger, who is on a mission to make everyone as obsessed with New York as I am. As a born-and-raised Brooklynite, it has always bothered me when people reduce the NYC experience down to just a few tall buildings in Manhattan or, in the case of locals, just the daily grind of commuting and hustling. So after years of wandering through NYC neighborhoods in my free time, I’ve decided to document my city adventures in the hopes of inspiring both locals and tourists to get to know New York on a deeper level. So join me as I travel through all five boroughs and seek out the people, places, and stories that make NYC an interesting place to be.
While you’re here, how about joining the community of people interested in making the most out of their time in NYC? Sign up for Shiloh in the City’s email list to get the most interesting NYC stories delivered to you twice a week!
- Times Square Beyond the Bright Lights: What to See When Your Done With the Tourist Traps
- Three Books to Help You Make Sense of the Twin Towers, 9/11, and the Freedom Tower
- The Top Things to Do in Flatbush, Brooklyn: A Neighborhood Guide
- The Best Places to Watch the Sunset in Each NYC Borough
- Where to Go to Learn About the Forgotten History of New York’s Waterfront