I’m Shiloh Frederick, a local news journalist-turned-blogger, who is on a mission to make everyone as obsessed with New York as I am. As a born-and-raised Brooklynite, it has always bothered me when people reduce the NYC experience down to just a few tall buildings in Manhattan or, in the case of locals, just the daily grind of commuting and hustling. So after years of wandering through NYC neighborhoods in my free time, I’ve decided to document my city adventures in the hopes of inspiring both locals and tourists to get to know New York on a deeper level. So join me as I travel through all five boroughs and seek out the people, places, and stories that make NYC an interesting place to be.
While you’re here, how about joining the community of people interested in making the most out of their time in NYC? Sign up for Shiloh in the City’s email list to get the most interesting NYC stories delivered to you twice a week!
- How to Travel the World Without Leaving NYC
- The Ultimate NYC Bucket List For NYC Locals
- Why I Love New York Right Now and Always
- Walk With Me Down Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn, NYC!
- Erie Basin Park: IKEA’s Hidden Brooklyn Playground