Welcome to your new favorite NYC blog on the internet!
I’m Shiloh Frederick, a born-and-raised Brooklynite who is devoted to helping you (and myself) make the most out of living in and exploring New York City.
I started Shiloh in the City as a reaction to reading too many guidebooks that reduced the NYC experience down to visiting the same old places in Manhattan (Hello??? Show the other boroughs some love!) as well as a reaction to learning that way too many of my fellow New Yorkers haven’t experienced much of the city outside of their daily grind of commuting and hustling. So, through Shiloh in the City, I create NYC guides spanning all five boroughs, give mini NYC history lessons, and share humorous insights into NYC life, all with the aim of inspiring both New York locals and visitors to explore more, learn more, and ultimately care more about this incredible city.
While you’re here, how about joining the community of people interested in making the most out of their time in NYC? Sign up for Shiloh in the City’s email list to get the most interesting NYC stories delivered to you weekly!
- 30+ of the Best Places to Work Remotely in NYC (as Recommended by You)
- An Unusually Shaped NYC Day Trip: The Armour-Stiner Octagon House
- Why are Timberlands So Popular in New York City? – The Story of How a Pair of Yellow Boots Won the Hearts and Feet of New Yorkers
- What was NYC Like 100 Years Ago? Notable Events from New York City in 1923
- New Year’s Resolutions for New Yorkers Who Want to Explore NYC More